yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

money money money

the all mighty or is that almighty dollah!

it's ok to sell 'em it just ain't ok to wear 'em

(of course NO ONE could say WHY they were offensive, but that's NOT the point)

hey, i wonder if belly shirts are allowed or mini skirts or tshirts with 'nra' emblazoned upon them are allowed? i wonder........

Bandanna banned in Springfield mall Officials wonÂ’t explain how headgear is offensive.

SPRINGFIELD (AP) - A southwest Missouri mall defended its dress code after a security guard told a 10-year-old girl her bandanna decorated with peace signs, smiley faces and flowers violated the mallÂ’s code of conduct.
Lydia Smith, who was shopping with her mother at Battlefield Mall for new church clothes when the incident happened Saturday, said she wore the orange and yellow bandanna to give her outfit some color.
Lydia and her mom, Susan Smith, were eating lunch when the girl saw a mall security officer ask a nearby teenager to remove a bandanna. Then the officer approached her.
"(The officer) asked me to take it off and said thereÂ’s this new rule we have or something like that," Lydia said.
The officer handed LydiaÂ’s mother a printed copy of the Battlefield Mall Code of Conduct, which prohibits patrons from engaging in certain activities while on mall property.
Lydia had violated No. 10 on the list of 17 offenses: "failing to be fully clothed or wearing apparel which is likely to provide a disturbance or embroil other groups or the general public in open conflict."
Mall officials wonÂ’t clarify what clothing and accessories are prohibited..........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A security guard at the Mall of America once tried to tell me to wear a jacket over my Bush Lied, Thousands Died T-shirt because of complaints from Fascists Patrons.

I explained to him that I had earned the right to free speech by being an American . . . and further that I had fought in wars for this country . . . and that if he thought he was strong enough to force me to put a jacket over my shirt, he could give it a try.

He left me alone.

Unknown said...

you know i don't go after people that wear fur or have an nra tee on (well unless they start with ME first, then goddess help them). so no one should come after me because of my bumper stickers, tees or buttons. i too am an american and i have every right to express my opinions. i have not been in the military though. i mentioned this in a posting a long time ago. the only person i backed off of (in a discussion) about iraq was a marine whom i knew. he did a tour over there and i could see how upset he was. i stopped. over time, his mind changed a bit more to my side. perhaps it was because he found out he had to go back. he's there (again) right now

Anonymous said...

you've earned the right to be a patriot by being American, having been born here and having to rely on this country for your extended morality. I just wrote an essay about that on unspun and I'm tired of my soul being corrupted by the nation's immoral choices and actions.

Unknown said...

i thought i had that right rick but it seems i don't. the worst part is YOU SERVED AND YOU DON'T HAVE IT EITHER.

after i'm done reading my mail, i'll swing by unspun for a read

Anonymous said...

cool . . . it's longer than I normally post, but sometimes I just get into a ramble - - - must have a bit of the "preacher" gene in me.

Unknown said...

it wasn't too long at all! JUST right