yo yo yo search it!

Friday, March 20, 2009

shout out to u.s. district judge colleen kollar-kotelly!

for recognizing how astoundingly 'flawed' (or as i would have said EFFED UP) this decision was. if you feel the need so very strongly to carry a concealed piece in a national park, perhaps a national park is NOT the place for you. if you're that afraid for your safety, why don't you hang elsewhere. you know, places where there aren't animals and families and kids. huh?

Judge Blocks Rule Permitting Concealed Guns In U.S. Parks

By Juliet Eilperin and Del Quentin Wilber
Washington Post Staff Writers

A federal judge yesterday blocked a last-minute rule enacted by President George W. Bush allowing visitors to national parks to carry concealed weapons.

U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly issued a preliminary injunction in a lawsuit brought by gun-control advocates and environmental groups. The Justice Department had sought to block the injunction against the controversial rule.

The three groups that brought the suit -- the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the National Parks Conservation Association and the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees -- argued that the Bush action violated several laws.

In her ruling, Kollar-Kotelly agreed that the government's process had been "astoundingly flawed.".....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me a break, lady. Crime can happen anywhere. Excuse me if I as a woman chose not to be a victim. According to your rationale me not wanting to be a victim of a crime and having the means to protect myself would preclude me from enjoying a national park. If you don't think criminals and serial killers who prey upon women don't like isolated areas offered by some of our national parks I would marvel at your naivete. Examples: Darrell David Rice and Cary Stayner. I hope you never have the misfortune to come across any such as these. As for me, a gun is a significant deterant to crime. Having one saved my life one time and I didn't even have to fire a shot. But you and your idiot judge would prohibit me the means of protecting myself or, according to you, having the right to enjoying our national parks safely.

Unknown said...

i can go on and on but i won't. i will just further upset me and not you. i WILL say, may YOU never know the pain of YOUR seven year old being shot to death accidentally by her friend.