yo yo yo search it!

Friday, April 18, 2008

you know, it wasn't that long ago

my boss at the time, i reported directly to a senior vp, next in line and everything.....anyway, i digress. my boss at the time, invited me to attend a series of weekly UNDERWRITING meetings in the capacity of my job. my job had NOTHING to do with being my boss' assistant (mind you there is nothing wrong with that. i just wasn't his assistant. i was a GROUP INSURANCE UNDERWRITER at the time). i remember what one of the men said to me upon seeing me standing outside the conference room (waiting for the room to free up from the previous meeting). he said, 'a rose is a rose, what are YOU doing here? did bill ask you to come and take notes?' i wanted to scream.
that happened about 10 years ago give or take....it didn't happen in 1965.

that wasn't a story about my pay. but you can rest assure i made less than any man whose job was similar. if i do the same work, i demand the same pay and the same treatment. simple as that. period, the end.

Blog for Fair Pay blog for fair pay

support the lilly ledbetter fair pay act

No comments: