yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

the fourth amendment

states:

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrant shall issue but upon probable cause...”

do you feel safe? i'll bet mr nuckols and his family did, UNTIL THIS happened to them

Do ‘computer police' have too much power?

I am a local farmer; my wife teaches elementary school; our three children are well-adjusted, “A” students.We go to church, work hard, and pay our bills and taxes.
We are law-abiding, responsible members of society; we have never had reason to fear the law.On Saturday morning, Sept. 23, 2006, many police vehicles appeared in our driveway. Men in black with flak jackets ran to and around our house.My wife was at home alone. I drove up and asked, “What's going on?”Men ran at me, dropped into shooting position, double-handed semi-automatic pistols pointed at me, and made me put my hands against my truck.
I was held at gunpoint, searched, taunted, and led into the house. I had no idea what this was about. I was scared beyond description. I feared there had been a murder and I was a suspect.My wife and I were interrogated about Internet crime. We are not avid computer users; we do not even e-mail. We knew nothing of what they were speaking.After seemingly convincing them of our computer “illiteracy,” we were questioned about our children and made to doubt their innocence.Our home was searched by a para-military search-and-seizure team.Our computers, digital camera, disposable cameras, DVD's, and VHS tapes were seized.We were held in our home under guard for five hours.Our children came home and were also interrogated.It was awful. We were accused of horrible crimes, crimes that even the mention of would ruin our reputations.The investigation was to be complete within six to nine months. We were in shock................


No comments: