yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

a few words from michael schiavo

i'm not at all surprised musgrave acted and/or reacted as she did. she made judgements and diagnosis about mr schiavo's family and went on the floor of congress to plead HER agenda about someone else's PRIVATE FAMILY MATTERS. ah, and then she doesn't have the BALLS to face one of those family members. never even met one of those family members. as far as i'm concerned you're a waste of space ms musgrave (as is former television 'star' patricia heaton. sticking her views onto not only the schiavo case, BUT the michael j fox stem cell research issues). i had to make a decision myself - having a family member removed from life support. that was the business of ME and MY FAMILY. NOT the business of a congresswoman in colorado OR a television performer in hollywood.

My unreal night in Colorado - with radio link

by Michael Schiavo
Thu Oct 26, 2006 at 08:05:14 PM PDT
If it were fiction, you wouldn't believe it.
Sadly, what happened in Colorado on Tuesday is true and unbelievable.
At the conclusion of a three-day, three-state campaign trip to promote candidates who will bring needed new leadership to Washington, I flew to Ft. Collins, Colorado to attend the only "debate" between Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave and her courageous and forceful challenger
Angie Paccione in the Colorado 4th district.
What happened there made the clearest case I could ever imagine for why change isn't just needed - it's required.
Michael Schiavo's diary :: ::
That was Tuesday.
But before we even got to Colorado, I had a great meeting with
Joe Sestak who's running an incredible campaign against Republican Curt Weldon in suburban Philadelphia. My PAC gave Sestak's campaign a $1,000 check to assist his efforts in restoring some sanity to Congress.
And I was impressed with Joe's candor, compassion and decency and I have no reservations in saying he'll be a great Congressman - they kind who will have the courage to stand up for our rights and the wisdom to know the difference between national policy and divisive politics.
Back to Tuesday in Colorado...a little background, first. Back in mid-July I travelled to Colorado and delivered a
letter to Congresswoman Musgrave's office. asking her why she felt compelled to interfere in my family's personal affairs - questioning, in fact trying to refute the medical facts of my wife's case on the floor of Congress.
Not surprisingly, Marilyn Musgrave never responded to my letter.
So on Tuesday I joined about 1,000 citizens and members of the local and regional media in the Windsor High School Auditorium to hear the debate and try to get an answer to my question from Congresswoman Musgrave...


.......But just minutes after taking my seat, I noticed a flurry of activity around my seat including about four uniformed police officers who were - I would learn later - called in by Musgrave staffers and asked to remove me from the building.
At this point, I had made no speeches, I had no signs, had made no attempt to disrupt or cause any commotion. I only came into the auditorium, spoke to a dozen or so reporters and took a seat.
To their credit, the police refused the Musgrave campaign's appeal to have me removed. ........


...........If you need to re-read that again, it's okay. A member of Congress who took to the floor of our Congress to speak about my wife, my family and my values made the debate timekeeper move so she wouldn't have to look at me. Just amazing...........

No comments: