yo yo yo search it!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

'i did what i could'

yes you sure did what you could condolloosseerr!!! you tried on shoes then went to a broadway play then had another photo opp with some leisure activities. that IS the problem YOU (AND THE KING AND THE REST OF HIS COURT) did indeed do what you could. THAT WAS ALMOST NOTHING. NOTHING AND MORE OF NOTHING. you have one HELL of a nerve

Condi uses Civil War to slap Iraq critics

Secretary of State Rice compared the Iraq war with the American Civil War, telling a magazine that slavery might have lasted longer in this country if the North had decided to end the fight early.
"I'm sure there are people who thought it was a mistake to fight the Civil War to its end and to insist that the emancipation of slaves would hold," Rice said in the new issue of Essence magazine.
"I know there were people who said, 'Why don't we get out of this now, take a peace with the South, but leave the South with slaves?'" Rice said.
Rice also bristled at the notion that the Bush administration's slow response last year in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was because of the race of the majority of the victims.
"I resented the notion that the President of the United States, this President of the United States, would somehow decide to let people suffer because they were black," Rice told the magazine.
"I found that to be the most corrosive and outrageous claim that anybody could have made, and it was wholly and totally irresponsible."
Asked if she felt personally accountable, Rice said, "The government did its best. People aren't perfect, and this response was not perfect. You know, I do foreign policy, I don't run Homeland Security. I don't run FEMA. I do foreign policy." She added, "I did what I could to coordinate the international response."
Bill Hutchinson

No comments: