yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

a woman after my own heart

(a grrrl gotta do what she gotta do)


Liquid City
Behind the Bar Ex-dominatrix bartender would rather watch Law & Order reruns
by Corina ZappiaSeptember 9th, 2005 4:50 PM

Mishelle Meow at Hank's Saloon is the kind of bartender we like: sassy, seeing right through your needling reporter questions, and quite intent on getting you very, very drunk. The Brooklyn native's done it all, from bartending at the now-defunct Mother, strip-joint Pussycat Lounge, and Coyote Ugly, to a seven-year stint as a dominatrix and video-set extra. We talk to her about crappy owners, female-bartender cattiness, and why smacking ugly dudes is all too easy.
Preferred drink? Dirty, nasty Jim Beam on the rocks, or really, really nice, fancy Patron Silver.
Does a drink say something about the person? I was working during the day at this old man's bar, and this big construction guy orders an Alien Secretion, or some variation of a melon ball—like vodka, Midori, sour mix, and pineapple juice. I was like, "You gotta be fucking kidding me."
Maybe he just liked the drink? Who cares? C'mon, you're like this big, burly, testosterone, "I lift heavy things for a living" guy, and you're going to drink some pussy-ass . . . I expect some 15-year-old girl who's out with a fake ID to drink that shit.
What about chicks? I hardly ever give chicks shit, because you really want girls to be in the bar. And that's where some female bartenders go wrong, because they don't cater to women. They just think like, "Oh, guys are going to stare at me and give me money." You want girls to be in there, and you don't want to upstage them. You want to be flirty with them too . . . I hate that girl cattiness............

No comments: