yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, May 07, 2009

way to go maine!

nothing i really have to add here, EXCEPT remember what horton said, 'a person is a person no matter how small'. MEANING of course (not that gay people are small you silly) meaning EQUAL RIGHTS to everyone.

a gay couple marrying is NOT going to un-do your marriage. it's NOT going to turn your kids gay and it's NOT going to have people demanding to marry animals. relax. if you don't want to marry a gay person, DON'T!

Gov. John Baldacci's statement on same-sex marriage bill

Maine Gov. John Baldacci issued this statement today:

“I have followed closely the debate on this issue. I have listened to both sides, as they have presented their arguments during the public hearing and on the floor of the Maine Senate and the House of Representatives. I have read many of the notes and letters sent to my office, and I have weighed my decision carefully. I did not come to this decision lightly or in haste.

I appreciate the tone brought to this debate by both sides of the issue. This is an emotional issue that touches deeply many of our most important ideals and traditions. There are good, earnest and honest people on both sides of the question.

“In the past, I opposed gay marriage while supporting the idea of civil unions. I have come to believe that this is a question of fairness and of equal protection under the law, and that a civil union is not equal to civil marriage............

No comments: