yo yo yo search it!

Monday, September 29, 2008

this is the sort of thing that scares me most of all

the little town mayors and town council members. the people next door. people like you and me although they are NOT like you and me. they are ignorant and narrow minded and so consumed with their 'god' they cannot open their hearts and act like what they purport a 'REAL CHRISTIAN' should act like

that's what gets me the most. they do NOT treat their neighbors as they themselves would like to be treated.

me? hell no. i'm not fair but then again i'm not spouting off about what my god does or doesn't want me to believe


Mayor 'just curious' if Obama is antichrist

By STUART WATSON / NewsChannel 36
SWatson@WCNC.com

FORT MILL, S.C. -- Fort Mill Mayor Danny Funderburk says he was “just curious” when he forwarded a chain e-mail suggesting Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama is the biblical antichrist. “I was just curious if there was any validity to it,” Funderburk said in a telephone interview. “I was trying to get documentation if there was any scripture to back it up.”

Funderburk apparently sent the e-mail from his business account at Gastonia Sheet Metal where he works as a business agent.

The e-mail, which has circulated in the last six months since Obama secured the Democratic nomination, claims the biblical book of Revelation says the antichrist will be in his 40s and of Muslim ancestry.

There is no such scripture. And Obama is not a Muslim. But that hasn’t stopped the e-mail.

The urban legend Web site Snopes.com first exploded the myth in March. Funderburk forwarded the e-mail this month.

When asked if he believed Obama was the antichrist, Funderburk replied, “I’ve got absolutely no way of knowing that.”......

2 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

So nice to see that when I think someone from South Carolina can't get any dumber someone goes and "raises" the bar even more.

Unknown said...

bb, it really didn't matter - about the state that is. you don't think there are people just as ignorant here? or in california or nyc or in des moines? they're EVERYWHERE