yo yo yo search it!

Friday, December 15, 2006

dr carol gilligan is kicking some focus on the fallacies ass!!!

Dobson slammed on "fiction[al]" anti-gay Time Mag column

By Evan Derkacz Posted on December 14, 2006, Printed on December 14, 2006http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/evan/45527/
NYU prof Carol Gilligan PhD, whose research was cited in Dr. Dobson's recent Time Mag column on Mary Cheney's pregnancy, sent a scathing letter to the head of right wing Christian outfit, Focus on the Family. You can read the letter, in full, below.
Truth Wins Out Exec Director Wayne Besen commented: "Dobson's group is a fib factory that should change its name to Focus on the Fallacies... This organization habitually lies and shamelessly mangles research to support its anti-gay agenda. Time Magazine should immediately withdrawal Dobson's column because it is so riddled with scientific errors that it is essentially fiction."
Dear Dr. Dobson:
I am writing to ask that you cease and desist from quoting my research in the future. I was mortified to learn that you had distorted my work this week in a guest column you wrote in Time Magazine. Not only did you take my research out of context, you did so without my knowledge to support discriminatory goals that I do not agree with. What you wrote was not truthful and I ask that you refrain from ever quoting me again and that you apologize for twisting my work.
From what I understand, this is not the first time you have manipulated research in pursuit of your goals. This practice is not in the best interest of scientific inquiry, nor does bearing false witness serve your purpose of furthering morality and strengthening the family.............


No comments: