yo yo yo search it!

Friday, August 05, 2005

i don't like country music


well, i like patsy and willie and johnny and dwight yoakum (listen to a thousand miles from nowhere) and i believe more in a goddess than a god, but why the heck not give the boy a shout out????????

Iraq soldier has surprise hit
'American by God's Amazing Grace' puts experience into words


......LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- His boots battered, his spirits sinking,
Luke Stricklin struggled to explain his experiences in Iraq to his family and
friends back home who kept asking him what it was like to fight in Baghdad.
"Time calling home was precious," the soldier said. "That's the last thing
you wanted to talk about. Mom always said I wasn't telling her the truth, which
I wasn't. I would tell her everything was just fine. Ashley, my wife, couldn't
hear me talk about it. We just talked about anything else

No comments: